Friday, January 07, 2005

We drummed and the river rushed on the 12th day of Xmas

Meditation in the yoga studio started with Tony on tablas and me on the didjeridoo. Prana guided the first several minutes. My left shoulder blade ached and set the tone for me to move around here and there for the 40 minutes of silence. The time actually flew by despite my pain and the 40 felt more like 20. Afterwards, Tony, Bill, Rhonda, Michael and me took off in the B mobile for a drumming party in a house on a river. There were many friends present beaming love as they greeted us with hugs and kisses. The drumming gradually started up and then spread like a fire from heart to heart as the undulating rhythms pulsed and vibrated the floors, walls and ceiling. The room we played in was heated by a huge woodburning stove that was filled with hot red coals and orange flames. The paintings all depicted various goddesses with each telling a part of a story channelled by Dawn. Soon, the time came to wind down to the river where some of us drummed and all of us created intentions of harmony and health and then found a rock to toss into the river. I thru my rock and it made no sound and had no splash. I gave it a 10.
I hear of a game that people play. Or maybe it is a dance. This falls into my blindspot as most things do. Thus i find a hook to hang the coat of solitude I have worn for 2 years. In moments I will climb into my bed while crickets rub their legs and frogs outline the topography of their esophagus and the map of the world. They are dancing and playing a game to which I am blind and deaf. Yet I hear them and feel the beauty in my heart. Thank you world, I love you.