Thursday, July 28, 2005

Kinesthetic collage of the eclectic sublime or how the experiment began

Sometimes, I get the urge to use these words, from the English language, to convey, hint at, relate - experiences I have had within my body, mind, limbic system - that seem to not be ordinary. This: "seem not to be ordinary" could be a consequence of blind spots within the language of English and the apparent taboo on discussing anything that is not ordinary. When one lives in a society that has hyper social consciousness with the majority of constituents hair trigger quick to deny it, then one can see biological robots everywhere. Where ever you are afraid to look at yourself, that is where you will find society's programming. Denial is a key ingrediant for being a good robot. It is the oil, the grease, the fix that stops the friction of self observation. The unexamined mind is the advertiser's dream. The good robot finds the perfect array of distraction to keep the focus of the mind off its own DNA. Self programming is not for robots. If my words disturb you then stop reading. Go to CNN or ABC or Fox.

Fairly regularly, when I am introduced to a new face, I am presented as being spiritual. I smile, make a joke, change the subject. I am not comfortable when this happens. Why? Because I am not trying to be spiritual. I don't even know what this means. The term: "spiritual" has become quite abstract and ambiguous from the way it has been used by various folks thru the lens of my small perspective. In contrast, I just think that I am practical. I am over a decade into an experiment which invloves me placing the focus of my awarenes on my body, mind, emotions and breath.

This experiment has had many twists and turns. When I began it was a direct consequence of reading Dr. Christopher Hyatt's "Undoing Yourself With Energized Meditation" ; which was a consequence of reading "The Illuminatus Trilogy" by Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson. Reaing that book happened as a direct consequence of meeting a Canadian named John while on an open-ended wander about which ended up lasting 2 years.

Hyatt's book jump started my awareness. It was super practical and hammered home over and over and over that one has to perform the body sensory exercises every day. These exercises: extremely practical (see: http://newfalcon.com/ to aquire this invaluable map). Why every day? This is how our DNA has been programmed for over three and a half billion years. This is why so many read the newspaper every day (or used to?). This is why there are many who watch TV every day. Drink coffee every day. Patterns and routines help keep the robot cars on the road. Robot trains on the tracks. Consume. Work. Retire. Die. Stay inside the lines. The accepted standard. Do not deviate from the standard.

What is the standard? From my narrow perspective, the standard is brutality. When brutality is the norm, when brutality is everywhere, socially accepted, encouraged. When practical health is discouraged. When self-directed health is discouraged. When highly successful, practical, harmonious techniques (proven and refined over thousands of years) for health (such as: yoga, tai chi, chi gong) are ridiculed and hijacked by the advertising complex (Mc Donald's, Carl Jr). The standard is to deny the potential within. To find ways to harden the heart. To imbed mines within the mind. To destroy inviduals' sense of well being. To manufacture anxiety.

This culture is perfect for me. I am a natural rebel. I dedicated my self towards the experiment suggested by Hyatt. Highly encouraged. Highly empowered. After 2 years of practicing his first method in Undoing Yourself. Actually, I'd be able to keep up the daily practice for 2 to 3 months at a time before losing my discipline. I always returned, though.

The results of the first stage of my body sensory awareness experiment were not spectacular. They were subtle. The consequences were simple. I began to have a calmness in my gut. I had never even known how tense I was in my diaphagm. I had no memory of it being otherwise. After half a year, I could move it. That was basically the extent of the changes. Subtle? Yes. Simple? Yes. Basic? Very. Underneath it all was amazement. Awe. Core empowerment. It slowly began to dawn on me that I was capable of changing things in my body that I thought were permanent. Fixed. Immobile. Beyond the scope of my control.

Dr. Hyatt had done something sublime. Impossible. Dangerous to the status quo. He had inspired me to change the unchangeable. Alter the programming. Rock the boat. Take the wheel and steer. Thru a simple book scattered thru out several thousand esoteric bookstores. Offered on the internet (newfalcon.com). He conveyed to me something beyond words. Using words and pictures, he gave me self knowledge. Access to a language infinitely more sublime than words. Invisible.

This was just the beginning of the experiment. An experiment that is now a journey. A journey that has had peaks and valleys. From sleep to Hell to Nirvanna to California to planet X and back again. Repeat. Speed up. Slow down. Stop. Skip. Jump. Go to home made jail in your mind. Get out of jail free card. From the east coast to the west coast. Now, as I write, 10 years have passed since those first 2 years. This decade has seen changes that I could never have anticipated. Expected. Predicted. Believed possible. Only thru direct experience do I know. You can't know unless you go. The catepillar and the butterfly. The human and the futant. The mundane and the sublime. To be continued.