Thursday, February 05, 2009

20 minutes ago #2

The waves rhythmically slapped the underside of the stand up paddleboard as I propelled my self over the crystal clear blue ocean water. I turned my head and gazed at the distant coastline establishing my bearings and then back at the reef passing by beneath me. So much life swimming in and out of the living coral; robust vibrant flashes of color appearing disappearing - glancing beauty bouncing off my eye balls. When I arrived at the channel, I stopped paddling, took my didjeridoo off my shoulder and began to play a timeless song of chants, whistles, harmonies, clicks and overtones in a polyphonic array intended to invoke the presence of dolphins.

One of the cosmologies of the didjeridoo involves an aboriginal man and a dolphin. The dolphin kept trying to teach various men how to circular breathe. It was trying to do this because it wanted to talk with men – their distant land locked cousins apparently obsessed with an endless supply of dangerous toys. The dolphin hoped to share some wisdom.

http://www.animalwisdom.com/pages/dolphin_wisdom/

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

RADARSHERPA