Saturday, July 30, 2005

Hiding the cost

We are hiding the cost of everything
And so we are lost consequently
The roots of unease begin in the mind
spread thru the body ahead and behind

Now we've forgotten we're makers of time
avoiding the void we're always annoyed
& looking outside for someone to shame
someone to scapegoat someone to blame

But this course of action always fails
Its just an excuse to build more jails

I don't want to argue I just want to scream
& maybe we'll awaken from this awful dream

Innocent people I sing this for you
Please forgive my country
Its a bomb with no fuse

'cause it's hiding the cost of everything
& so it is lost consequently

The drivers of this bus are blinded by hate
Their stomachs are bloated
There is poison on their plate
All they can muster & perpetuate
is a transparent bluster
that is driven by hate

I can forgive those some of us
who know not what they do
But I will not forget the cost
of ignoring the truth.

The end of war begins in my heart
This is the moment
This is the start

Peace only happens when no one's left out
When all are welcome
within & with out.