Friday, July 08, 2005

Tonight's competition

Tonight’s competition involves Bill, Devin and myself within the confines of a tennis court. We play Canadian doubles. I start serving and am able to hold serve easily. Devin and I have been playing and so we hold our serves and Bill struggles. At some point during the first set, Bill manages to get some of his game back and goes on a roll. Some how, this surge of winners from Bill gives me the first set, abruptly, without warning.

We play another set and I win that one as well. My game feels good. Afterwards, Devin and I hit, just letting loose, practicing, until the light of the sun fades.

Back on the estate. Shower. Put on some clean clothes. Walk down four houses to the dud party of the summer - so far. Drink some wine. Dance. Look at the empty space. Try not to breathe too much smoke from the artificial smoke machine. Walk back up the road with Devin and Audra. Swim in the pool. Soak in the Jacuzzi. Laugh. Stare at the stars. Jacuzzi is too hot. Hop in the pool. Back in the Jacuzzi. Laugh. Laugh again. Walk Audra to her car. Down the road. Where to start? Where to end? I do not know.