Sunday, July 03, 2005

Push the bike your self

The night before, I set my watch for 9:30 AM. Before the alarm on my new watch could beep though, the sound of the winery door opening was enough. I merely open my eyes and there is Bill looking down from the top of the steps. "Good morning, how'd you sleep?"

"Fine." I end up falling back to sleep and slip out of bed an hour later. Time to check various spaces, find some lights to turn off and then meet Tony in the yoga studio.

We begin to warm up. We'll be performing while the class is led through two hours of yin yoga by Holla. Ashley plays the harmonium and sings along. Her voice is clear and beautiful adding more layers to the abundance of harmony. Class flys by like a flock of Nightingales.

Alla calls me after lunch and invites me over for some hang time. I hop on the motorcycle and pop start it as we roll down the hill. Sunday traffic does not matter to me and I arrive in 9 minutes. I cannot take the bike with me, there's a sign at the entrance of this community which says: "motorcyles not allowed" among other things. Alla is house sitting for a friend of mine. I introduced them to eachother but this is my first time at this residence. She come out to greet me and I park the bike across the street, grab my helmet and then we walk togoether to the residence that will be her home for the next three months.

It's nice to get a break from the retreat and chill with Alla. She works on some paintings and I read a book called Pronoia that I found on the couch. It's a book that Alla recently bought and is radically optimistic. Too soon, it's time for me to get back to the estate. Alla walks me back to my bike and then skips away. I talk to my motorcycle and tell it how much I love it. For the first time this does not work. Fire Blade does not start. The battery is too low. We are on a road that has a slight slope. There is not a hill for half a mile or so. I point the bike in the direction that gravity will help and push it myself. I don't know if it is all the running but I get some decent momentum and the bike fires up on my attempt. I flash a peace sign at a young boy who'd been watching.

Zip back up to the estate, run up the hill, run back down, soak in the jacuzzi, take a shower. Crunch time is here, I light candles, turn on lights all over and then I wait in line for some stupendous food: tempe salad.

I am performing with Tony and Ashley again. Tony is leading Kirtan. We start off slow. Before each mantra song, Tony reveals the hidden meanings and basis for the song. He expains how it relates on many levels and we learn the history and purpose of the Sanskrit and then everyone sings along or listens. I get mildly annoyed when I can see Devin and Daryl chatting up a cute Aussie chick. Overall, the night is a success and everyone leaves stoked.

This night is basically over. No late jacuzzi or pool action. Last night was over the top and I guess I am kind of relieved that I won't have to play the authority roll.

We end up kicking it in the big house. I can just relax. Holla tries to keep the volume down. I relax and let some one put a henna OM symbol on the back of my head.