Sunday, June 26, 2005

Burning Man 1999 late August

The patron saint of thermals

The orbit of Saturn leads to black rocks
Planted in the giant flat desert playa
That becomes a huge shallow puddle lake.
The hills blush pink
Eyes downcast sly smile setting sun.

White bunny rabbit skateboarding
Unidentified sidesaddle man coasts in the lull wind.
I travel back in time on my red bicycle
Pedaling against the wind to answer the call of rock.
I find them polished by wind and dust.
2 are white cardinal directions
{1 in northern air & 1 in southern water.}
My black bag presses against my spine
& shoulder straps dig into my traps and blades.

The plastic outhouses blown down
by northern wind
Have risen with the help
of unspecified humans
When I wasn't looking
Because I was somewhere else in time
Some other orbit or maybe
Outside or inside the sun
Observing touching smelling
A healthy corona hearing the happy pulse &
Wondering: does the sun have a heart?
Where is it?

Icharus (patron saint of all thermals)
Rides high on reward rollercoaster salad dressing
Sneaking a dip & before he knew it
His feathers (dipped in wax & drawn with a black felt pen)
Became wet - heavy like led.
I am not a penguin
I am not a fish
But I can hold my breath to learn to swim.

And the wind smiles & cries with raindrops
of wonder & fear. Changing direction
Like a woman who says:
"I've found some one else."
So much fear in her eyes,
Earnestness
Guilt ridden bags filled with led
Under her I's. These eyes will water the dry desert
Of her face & the wind smiles with horror
& Joy
& Icharus can now be a submarine for a while
Til the lake
Evaporates & transfers to the ocean stream river sea
Crusty corporate entity
Leaving him stranded across
The dry flat perfectly cracked bed
Where black rocks sleep slide
Dreaming they can fly