Saturday, February 25, 2006

Hoops

Suddenly, it seems as though the Moses half court Monday afternoon basketball game has taken on classic proportions. Last week’s games are still fresh in my mind. Bill, Arthur, Will and I were victorious in both games managing to stifle the athletic play of Ricky. Bill and I were kind of unstoppable. We’d give and go or just jump shot it in. I think Bill hit like 70% percent of his shots easily getting MVP for last week.

Today’s game is only 40 minutes away. I know Ricky’s here. I wonder who Bill may have invited this week. You actually never know. We used a handicapping system last week for the 2 dudes in their 70’s and 2 kids in their 9’s. Basically, Bill, Ricky, Tony and I were not allowed to defend anyone except ourselves. This freed the little ones up for one on one as well as one on one for the senior set.

Last Thursday, I finally bore down and thoroughly cleaned the dome. The previous night, I’d concluded that the thing I needed to do most in my life was vacuum the hell out of the dome. Initially, a vacuum did not present itself. Jason then grabs his shop vac which I utilize for the next 2 hours as I go for it on my hands and knees. Then, I get a ring from Dev: “I have a present for you: A vacuum.

“Cool, thanks a lot.”

I use the vacuum cleaner to go over everywhere again and am rewarded with a floor so clean that there’s a gleam.

We end up playing 2 on 2. It’s Benois and me against Ricky and Bill. They prove to be too tough a combo as they win all three games. Benois and I hang tough and keep it close but we are deficient in a few key areas that they are not.

The weather lately has me day dreaming about a nice little black convertible Eclipse. It has been a bit cold on the bike – especially at night. We have had a cold snap for the last week or so but soon enough the warmer weather shall arrive, it always does.