Monday, September 24, 2007

Torture = Evil

I don't have anything to say to people who think that torture is acceptable.
I don't even have anything to say, beyond heaping moral opprobrium, on those who want to "debate" whether or not torture is acceptable. I don't have anything to say, nor am I interested in talking to people who believe in "free speech zones". I don't have anything to say to people who think it's acceptable to abrogate the fourth amendment by allowing the government to spy on citizens without a warrant from a judge based on probable cause and listing specifically what they're looking for. I don't have any time for people who want to argue that invading another country that didn't threaten the US, and selling that invasion based on lies was acceptable.
--- Ian Welsh - The Missing American Middle

This guy makes a lot of sense. You may find it interesting. The link will take you to the rest of his opinion on the Agonist.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

RADARSHERPA