Tuesday, February 18, 2014

4th Class


Speaking only for myself, I have to say that this was the best class so far. Upon consulting my time piece, I was shocked to learn that there were only 10 minutes left. I began this class with a nice didgeridoo warm up. Perhaps,  I played longer than I realized. Regardless, the park was pretty quiet. One woman jogged around the perimeter with her huge shaggy dog. They had some real energy too - dog show material. Another highlight during today’s session was a family of crows playing around the southeast corner. The park is bordered on three sides by the backyards of various households. At one  point while I moved through my tai chi form, I spied a white pitt bull watching me through his fence. His look seemed to implore me to open the gate so he may enjoy the park’s generous expanse of green grass. Moments later he was gone. While going through the form the 4th time I really felt a solid sense of my chi. Really grounded. My head got clear. Everything felt lighter. Still no students but after 4 weeks of this 60 minute class I am quite pleased with its impact.