Wednesday, February 16, 2005

"Mushka Water"

Today, I will be driven to LA by an ex who is now a friend to screen an independent flick. I have a small role in "Mushka Water", a film which is being shown tonight at Cyneplex. I was just an extra but during the shoot, the director overheard some strings of words that I was hanging out for another extra's inspection. Basically, I was talking about how the planets in the solar system chase the sun in a spiral as the sun spirals towards the galactic center (black hole). Sometimes the earth's orbit takes it in front of the sun and we enter space unfiltered by Sol. Cameron, the director, liked what he heard and we did one take of me repeating this strand of information. Somehow it ended up in a scene. I have never seen any footage of this film and am a bit curious. The director now wants to include me in future projects. Who knows? This is the second screening of this film in LA. The first screening occurred when it was raining dump trucks and bulldozers just as the year ended and began. All the roads out of Ojai were closed and we were physically cut off from the world for a few days. There were mudslides, houses floated away and people died. We have rain again, just enough to keep me off my motorcycle.

1 waves:

Blogger Dij said...

Yo Bri, This was not a premier. It was a private screening that took place and at CineSpace on Hollywood Blvd. No popcorn, lotsa booze, ya gotta pay $$.

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home