Thursday, August 18, 2005

Infringement

In the past I have always felt gratitude towards Blogger for providing this service to me and the millions of other people who utilize Blogger. But, when I looked at my website tonight, I spotted this new link on the top of my site. No one notified me that this change was going to occur. The new button, if you hadn’t noticed is: “Flag?”. The purpose behind this change is in case some one happens upon my site and finds any of the content “objectionable”. Well, I find this new link objectionable and am considering moving to Typepad and setting up shop there. There are plenty of free blog services out there so I don’t have to feel like I am stuck here. I abhore censorship and have trust in the public's ability to avoid sites they don't like.

The waves have left the North Shore for now. Hopefully, they shall return before I return to Caly. Even better, they will be breaking on Caly’s coast when I get back. My exercises went by quickly as I listened to Itunes radio (ambient). I then had a smoothie, waited 30 minutes and then went for a 3 and a half mile jog during the hottest part of the day. Not many clouds out so I felt the heat of the sun magnified by the humidity. Even now the humidity is strong and leaves sweat on my forehead as I recap this day.

I drove Caio to his swimming lessons and then checked out Xcel for a 4/3 wetsuit. They only had one that was not the super deal that I am looking for.

Roberto picked Caio up from swimming and then took him to soccer practice. I drove my self to the practice and continued to pitch in. Another good practice took place. The boys are learning to spread out and pass the ball. There were four men helping to coach and this seems to have a strong impact on keeping the kids focused, an arduous task for their age group in this day and age.

When we got back to the house, Jade came running out to greet us. She was quite happy to see her Papi. Lapoa came over and implored me to scratch her head and the place in front of her tail. Jade kept trying to stop me. She said “Poa my dog, my dog.” And then she’s tell me to stop. This 2 year old definitely thinks that she is the boss. Jade was wearing a white shirt with beautiful needle pointed roses on it.

I point to one of the roses on her shirt and say: “I lost my rose, I think that’s it on your shirt, can I have it back?”

“NOOO!”

3 waves:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your own space: Blogs great way to share your views, but be careful
The Internet has always taken up a great deal of one's life -- and time ... If you're age 13 to 19, send a 300- to 350-word editorial, story or essay to Your Own Space, The News Journal, Box 15505, Wilmington, DE 19850; send a fax to 324-2415; or e-mail features@delaware ...
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

Regards
generic ultram

3:24 AM  
Blogger CB Terry said...

Well, I don't think I would have noticed the new button. Maybe after some time; it is a bit more than was there previously.

I don't think you should worry though bro, you have no objectionable content; at least not to the average pg-13 rating seeker.

9:48 AM  
Blogger CB Terry said...

Here is a link that discusses (well, talks about) the Flag button:

http://nofancyname.blogspot.com/2005/08/fighting-splogs-and-spammers-with-flag.html

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home