Thursday, February 12, 2009

20 minutes ago #8

Johnny is showing me his new holographic animated tattoo of a dolphin that literally appears to be swimming around the surface of his skin. He’s very proud of the design and has even temporarily tinted his skin crystal ocean blue to enhance the experience. I stare in amazement into the depths of his skin watching as the dolphin gets smaller and smaller as it dives deeper and deeper in spirals. I can even see bubbles leaving its blowhole. Suddenly it changes direction and starts to accelerate towards the surface of his skin. Johnny had removed his shirt because that is where his dolphin tattoo tends to swim. I watch engrossed as it appears to be shooting straight up and towards me from the center of his heart chakra. Johnny is not saying anything as his head bends down watching his tat proudly like it was his trained pet or something. Suddenly it reaches the surface and leaps thru his skin and continues to swim thru the air bridging the 4 feet between us and then straight thru my forehead just where my third eye is supposed to be. Johnny’s contented smile disappears faster than the speed of gravity and says: Hey! WTF! Give it back!

I don’t say anything because I am reliving my oceanic experience of being a dolphin for 30 days while simultaneously still experiencing my bipedal reality. Finally, I say: what’s it doing?

Johnny: I don’t know your forehead is too murky… ahh… I mean opaque- what’s happening? You seem really distracted.

Me: I am reliving this crazy what-I-thought-was-a-dream-experience that I just had during my last surf sesh. Holy sh!t, maybe it wasn’t a dream. The only way I can deal with it is to think that it didn’t happen but now I am afraid that I am going to have to rethink it.

Johnny: That tat cost me 2 months of wages! It is not supposed to be able to leave the surface of my skin… I’m going to have to report it to the company that installed it.

I can’t help but notice that Johnny’s blue pallor seems to be getting red which strikes me as kind of funny.
Me: Listen, this is really important-

http://www.tattoojohnny.com/dolphin-tattoo-designs.asp
http://www.colorhealing.com/articles/dolphinbrain.htm

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

RADARSHERPA