Sunday, February 27, 2005

The forest of my being

A favorite pastime of mine for the past 3 decades has been comparative mythology. This type of thinking allowed me to decode information from the past. The victor writes the history to serve his interest. His story. I am fond of astories. The Emperor's New Clothes is an excellent story which can help decode the government behind the plastic curtain. At some point, it dawned on me that I have played all those roles: mob, fool, emperor and advisers. And to take it one step forward: these characters all can represent aspects of the internal dialog taking place in my mind - now. This is a technique of stalking. It requires integrity and single-minded intent. When I am able to identify the various players in my thoughtstream and not be them, I begin to detatch and identify with the one who is watching: a deeper layer of the ultimate mystery - my self. The delicate nature of this self examination can hopefully - maybe inevitabley - lead to more compassion. The higher the degree of self acceptance I have, the easier it is for me to accept others. My journey seems to involve cycles of acceptance, flow, sychronicity, disruption, unacceptance, resolution, acceptance... When we stop the thoghtstream and achieve no mind. Many things happen. Many classify this is a mystical experience because of the warm, all encompassing sense of well-being, the feeling of interconnectedness, the lack of separation. Einstein had a marvelous imagination and this was the tool he used to expand the boundaries of scientific knowledge. One theory of his which relates to tonight's post involved absolute 0 (Kelvin). He said a new type of matter would be discovered. Scientists in Colorado got pretty close (within 3 billionths of a degree) a few years ago. They described the impact of the experiment was the formation of super atoms and super molecules. They become much, much bigger. This seems to paralell the no-thought experiment results that longterm meditaors and mystics describe. Many myths revolve around coming back to life. The myths of Persephone, Lazarus, Jesus and Hercules are just a couple of the numerous examples of resurrected humans found in history. I've used these myths and others to help me understand the journey I took thru my shadow over six years ago. The heroic journey. The long and dark time of the soul. We are blessed to have access to these stories because the truth of our nature lies buried under layers of frozen deception. The heat of our attention can radiate or laser the frozen foundation we skate on. When our introspection succeeds and we fall thru the cracks of our false reality the shock of the ice cold water of truth can kill us; we become the walking dead, zombies. I am so grateful for all the stories that have somehow been preserved, the parables. They provided light for me while I wandered lost thru the sunless forest of my being. They reminded me that hope existed when I could not feel it. The human race has left a trail to the heaven/nirvana which lives in the core of the mandala of out hearts. It is a labrynth. At some point in our journey we may face the minotour or call it Jacob wrestling with an angel. This crises is the ultimate opportunity to develope true compassion and love for self and others. Simultaneously. Osho said: love yourself till it overflows and then share with all.