Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Burning thru layers of clouds

This day began overcast and then the heat of the sun burned it all away revealing that big blue sky that we all love so much. My first task involved removing my belongings from the t-house paving the way for one of the guests. We are at the midpoint of this particular house rental and it seems like the wrinkles of discomfort have all been ironed out by the hot iron of time and good intentions of those involved.

I just finished playing the didjeridoo for a restorative yoga class. This didj performance followed the pattern that seems to happen frequently. I started off with some internal resistance and self doubt. My response is to buckle down and concentrate on relaxing various centers of tension in my jaw, neck, spine and torso. At some point it all starts to flow and I begin to enjoy myself. It gets easier to chant the various random mantras and then to sing them. Soon I am polyphonic and my mind is quiet. Next I find myself returning into my body, where am I? And then I am sinking in and realize that I am playing the didj and it is good.

Earlier today, before I'd burned thru my own layer of clouds, I lay in bed listening to an intense sonic cacophany of birds. Watching the various cycles of thought waves crashing on the shores of my consciousness, I choose not to surf any of these waves, they seem polluted with melancholic bias.

Yesterday, I was checking out a cool site: infowars. The major theme of the post I was reading involves the allegorical nature of the Star Wars movies. It seems like George Lucas may be a genius in this regard. He has produced a movie that seems to explain our predicament in this country. Mr. Lucas has commented that he never new his portrayl would be such an accurate depiction of how things are now.

Basically, the "empire" in Star Wars represents the "empire" that our country is. The Star Wars empire is attacking its own cities and planets in order to create chaos and fear. They are then able to enact legislation to gain supreme power. The U.S. empire appears to have been using the same strategy for over a century. Hitler bombed his parliment building and then was able to leverage the fear factor to gain more power than he could handle. The evidence is becoming undeniable that the 9-11 debacle was the same kind of ploy.

The media is the cloud cover which keeps us as a nation from seeing the blue sky of truth. The Star Wars movies are a window thru the clouds with all the characters portrayed within the context of a fantasy. On some level though, we all know that it is true. Our future's so bright you better wear shades.