Sunday, May 22, 2005

Tear off the roof

You've been pretty good lately so I've decided to throw y'all a couple bones, treats & sweets. Yes, you guessed it. It is time for a couple updates. I just spoke with Skip over the phone and learned that he wants his truck fixed. His catalytic converter had reached the end of its filtering days a few weeks ago. It seems like Bill is loosening his evict Skip stance. Instead, when Skip gets back, he wants them both to tear the roof off the hovel. (I will post a photo once I have a digital camera or borrow someone's.) This roof deconstruction thing is supposed to symbolize them reassessing their partnership. I only spoke briefly with Skip but I think I detected a weary tone to his voice - he's missing home.

My other update concerns Trisha - AKA Snakey. I have heard word that she now is renting a room in an apartment here in town. I am glad to hear this. It does come as a surprise based on the previously documented phone conversation - the bits are still fresh in cyberville.

Tonight, I was granted a reprieve from the retreat to go with Sunny and Daniel to a film festival hosted at University of Santa Barbra. Danny M's documentary on saving coastland in Hawaii was featured along with about 8 others. It took an hour to get there. The ride was smooth in Daniel's black convertable Jaguar. We just watched the first five documetaries before heading out for some dinner at a cool vegetarian restaurant: Sojourners. There were aobut 10 of us from Ojai eating, all of us had been to the film fest.

Not much to report on this retreat so far. My back went a bit funny earlier today. luckily, I had a massage from Alla just after it happened. I shall hop in the jacuzzi in about 10 minutes to help relieve some of the pressure.