Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Snake less Trish hits the road

I stopped at Danny M’s residence for a quick chat. I glanced at the now unoccupied trailers while walking down the driveway and thought of Trisha, master slacker. Word on the street has her now living in Santa Barbra. When Danny’s in Ojai he’s always putting time into landscaping and refurbishing his house, studio and various other structures. Today was no exception but he took some time to converse on the mini studio’s back porch. He mentioned that he was considering the acquisition of a giant Buddha statue, which would sit behind the t-house. I enthusiastically endorse this enhancement saying “the bigger the better”.

Danny’s cell phone then does its little jingle. He opens the phone and says: “Hello… oh hi Trish.” They talk for a few moments before the phone’s handed to me.

“Hi Trisha, how you doing?”

“I’m about to cross the Golden Gate Bridge.”

“Wow, heading to San Francisco.”

“Yeah”

“Cool, where have you been living? I need to update you on Bardo Surfer.”

Trisha laughs and says: “I was staying in Santa Barbra. After San Francisco I’ll go to San Jose, Costa Rica and then Hawaii to see Danny. It all means that I’ll have to be snake less for a while.”

“Then we won’t get to call you Snaky. It sounds like you’re on a roll.”

“Yeah, but it’d be nice to have somewhere to put my stuff and come back to. And then make some money.”

I say I understand and we say our good byes. Danny and I talk some more and he compliments the rock pathway and rock steps that I put in 5 years ago. I laugh and say how I am surprised that it has remained so solid [there’s no cement, just dirt]. Its then that I notice for the first time that the steps are not centered properly. Danny doesn’t seem to care or have ever noticed.