Wednesday, January 04, 2006

North Shore Tree Service

Friday September 6, 2002 North shore, Oahu

First day of work on the North Shore went well. I'm working for a big wave surfer from Jersey - Robby. He's 32 years old and extremely fit. After cleaning up various chain saw debris for a couple hours, Robby hands me a chainsaw, points to a line of trees that run along the side of the house and says: "Trim them to the level of the eave of the house." My experience with chainsaws had been limited to an electirc one that I used to cut up firewood. This task involved standing up on a wall, 6 inches wide, 8 feet off the ground and trimming this sort of hedge kind of deal on my tippey toes. I guess it was kind of a test that I managed to pass. All and all, the day went well and I received a 3/4 c note for my efforts. This amount was satisfying because of its built in $15 bonus. I think that I've gotten an instaraise or something. I want my minimum daily pay to be a c note; for the time being, I'll allow my work ethic and actions to speak for me. I finished the day with a leafblower strapped to my back, cleaning up all over the place - including the ajoining property's collateral messes.

Roberto picked me up from North Shore Tree Service headquarters. As I waited, I sat by the edge of the road watching the endless line of vehicles zoom by.

2 waves:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey you've worked for robby too! I love robby the frang. bless him and his boy! killer tree climber! he made my 40 day stay on oahu possible.

1:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

say If you worked in haleiwa with robby, and you are a didj player then you must know Kai from haleiwa, he plays didj too, very well i might add. hit me back @JokerstotheRight@comcast.net my name is crystal

1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home