Monday, May 02, 2005

Magical massage in time makes me feel fine

Sunny and Daniel finally arrive at 11 PM or so. They seem super mellow after the 6-hour drive back from the festival. I ask Daniel a couple questions: “How many people were in the audience?”

“51,000”

“How’d it feel?”

“The day of I felt a bit off in the head, took some Rescue Remedy and it really mellowed me out. In the past I’d always have 5 glasses of wine. So now it’s a different experience. Rescue Remedy really works that stuff’s great.”

Sunny: “He was fabulous, Peter was too. They are both beautiful men. Daniel’s just slimmer and more beautiful.”

I gave them the puppy rundown. They thought it was funny. They fed them all a whole bunch of food and let them out of the cage to run around the sitting room and then out the door.

Finally, its time to head back on to the estate in the mellow yellow Toyota, when I arrive, Scout greets me. He follows me to the t-house that I’ll be sleeping in. Scout crashes out on the floor.

Scout wakes me up around 8 AM so he can get outside; I let the big yellow lab out and then its back to sleep. My cell phone’s alarm prompts me to wakefulness. I zip open the canvas and Scout smiles like only dogs can. I quickly give Alla a call and let her know my location has changed.

She arrives in her white sedan and soon we’re carrying her massage table and related items into the Amrita Yurt. I go back to the t-house to grab my PowerBook so we can listen to a CD of music she brought.

The session goes amazingly well. I don’t want it to end. Afterwards the back trouble I’d been experiencing feels greatly reduced.

I have to say thanks at this point. I feel a lot of gratitude. Interestingly enough, my back trouble began Saturday morning. The bodywork was scheduled the previous weekend. Tomorrow, more bodywork for me, this time it will be Tai massage from Robin. Wednesday night, I’ll be giving a didjeridoo circular breathing lesson in my friend Andrea’s private natural hot spring.

This kind of timing is typical for Ojai. This town has a collective consciousness that seems to utilize us residents in a way to support our growth and healing. Somehow, these women unconsciously anticipated the back attack. They both want to learn tai chi and offered to exchange bodywork sessions for my teaching them. All I can say is: wow.

My experience with the pups has made me greatly appreciate my mother for raising my siblings and me. I cannot speak for myself, but they’re all well adjusted, raising beautiful families and contributing responsibly to society. My mom raised 5 children. The amount of time and energy must have been staggering and overwhelming. Of course, I have to thank my Dad as well. He was extremely responsible and grounded. He provided a very financially stable environment, encouraged athletic endeavors and was very generous in many ways.

Tonight, I wanted to get to bed early but here I am writing today’s post and listening to Moby.

Danny Miller’s back in town to fix up his property for the new tenant: Department. Yeah, that’s his name. He’s a DJ. Danny’s doing well, just bought a new house on Hawaii. He’s been living there the last couple years, working on various documentaries. Mostly editing. Currently, the project involves filming native Hawaiian activists as they try to save their island’s coastline from the mindless developing. Danny’s stoked to continue his work as a film editor and not have to work for the Hollywood scene he checked out of a couple years ago.

1 waves:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Old Dudes Who Need Naps: Goth-rockers Bauhaus (although frontman Peter Murphy should get points for playing "Bela Lugosi's Dead" while hanging upside down like a wrinkled gray bat).

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home