Monday, June 06, 2005

Just a human

I’m just a human in a goddess town oscillating between lost and found
You can’t see me ‘cause I’m kissing the ground
You can’t hear me ‘cause I don’t make a sound

Yeah, I’m just a human in a goddess nation all-alone I search for elation
I’m learning how to tune vibrations
& turn the dial to find new stations
I sift thru static and feel frustration I remember that it’s information
And then I find illumination

And I know it’s all just temporary what I see is how I feel it’s so surreal the cosmic wheel Achilles heal let’s make a deal I will crawl if you will kneel

Just a human in a crazy world hoping for a simple girl
Not a goddess I’m no god - just another hopeless sod
Who knows it’s time to throw in the towel
Get on all fours watch the moon and howl

Something sacred has become a game a game that I refuse to play
Deception takes me farther away from hard earned integrity
The price of this truth is too high to pay so we hide with a lie and turn away
We paint over pain with token toasts watery eyes and too much smoke
We measure our worth thru sexual conquest
Stealing the feeling and we become soul-less
And so you pretend that you are a goddess
Forgetting that there was a sacred promise
Between your soul and your body it is the first
Between a man and a woman there is a thirst
For the sky, the earth, death and rebirth
For the wind in the trees and the breath in our lungs
For the songs in our hearts that long to be sung

Just a human in a crazy world wondering if there is a girl
Who can love herself and love me
The ultimate mystery

I’m just a human in a goddess town oscillating between lost and found
You can’t see me ‘cause I’m kissing the ground
You can’t hear me ‘cause I don’t make a sound