Thursday, January 19, 2006

Bike in the shop

The transition in my job seems to have happened right on cue. A retreat began today. My services where only required for a few hours (instead of the typical: hang out on the estate and turn lights on and off etc). Thus, I was freed up and able to ride my CBR 900 down to Ventura with my friend Daniel following. It seems as though my alternator has begun to malfunction (won't charge). The timing has been exquisite because I have use of a silver Toyota Land Cruiser and will not miss the bike for the few days that it takes to repair. The ride down actually was fruitful for Daniel, who rode his Triumph. It turns out that the complex of storage/work spaces, where my bike is being operated on, had a vacancy in which he was interested in renting for his 4 or 5 motorcycles and a place to write songs.

The ride back was slightly on the freaky side for this surfer. Lets face it, I much prefer to be the one controling the motorcycle, you know, steering, rolling the throttle, squeezing the break. Yeah, it is slightly disconcerting being on the back of the bike while it is traveling down the freeway at 70 MPH. I just tried to relax and let my weight sink into my hips while trying to keep my helmet from bumping into his when ever he hit the brakes, downshifted or accelerated. Daniel is the one exception to my rule of never being on the back of the bike. This may be due to the fact that wrote and composed one of my fave motorcycle songs of all time.

The winds been blowing tonight. There's a chill in the air. Had a great tai chi class and then a soak in a Jacuzzi. Chimes filling the air with the song of the wind while the leaves rustle and planes rumble above in the heavens.