Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Learn to forgive

Once again, you have blown up, my friend
lobbing words like your're in a war
I just watch and wonder who's it for
and where does the anger come from hon

I thought that this stagnant energy had washed down the stream
dissipated, put into perspective resolved relegated
but today I learn, that you still burn
with the fuel of madness
that I think covers sadness
and maybe you're just not even here
Maybe you are in the past
trying the impossible task
of correcting a permanent wrong
super imposing an ancient song
over the one that's playing now
ba bump ba bump
over the one that's playing now

I wish for you the present tense
I hope that you will stop hiding
behind the smokey fence
I picture that you will soon make sense
of all the emotions that make you whole
make you float, make you sink, make you rock and make you roll

Forgiveness is the magic way that keeps us coming back
to our center and to our friends and a loving way to act

But I know you know you gotta love your self
Before it can go to someone else
And I know you know you gotta learn to forgive
to open up your heart and really live

I can feel the umbra
that is making you crazy
The eclipse of reason
makes thinking hazy
go back inside
where the soul lives
go back inside and learn to forgive