Thursday, January 12, 2006

Problem solved

Thursday September 26, 2002 North Shore, Oahu

I can hear the waves crashing on the reef as I write using my headlight. I’ve had this light for almost a year and still have the original batteries. This day proceeded on course like a sailboat with a nice tail wind although it began with feelings of trepidation and doubts about my future. It was difficult to start exercising but when I did, the blocks dissolved and evaporated. By the time my tai chi sesh ended, I felt utterly certain about my sudden course change.

The Big Island represents the unknown zone and can only be experienced thru personal exploration. I have once again overcome my fear of fear in order to embrace my shrouded destiny led by the soft murmur of my heart. A murmur that speaks with the certainty of utter calmness – reached, lost and then reached again. Carefully pursuing union with my self, my soul, my body and my mind.

Around noon, I biked to Waiamea Bay, where I enjoyed the completion of a VII boulder problem. I will call it the Micro Cosmic Orbit. I had some inspiration and help from Troy. He’s studying to be a physician’s assistant in L.A.. Also, there was a nice couple from Illinois who had fun watching us attempt to solve what I consider a classic problem. I was able to get up it twice and it definitely stoked me -. especially when I pulled thru the crux the first time. The sound that came our of my throat surprised me; it was a pretty powerful release. I ascended a couple other routes, receiving enough sun to redden my shoulders, upper chest and back.

Back on the bike, I continued on to Haliewa and purchased a one way ticket to the Big Island – the dye has been cast. I will now see why Prana and Rhianon were so keen on me exploring this vibrant isle.

I bike back to Liz & Ro’s surfing headquarters at Backyards in time to relax and shower before taking Caio to his Jin Jhitsu class. I watched Caio practice in his class just across the hwy. There was only one other student so they were able to get all the teacher’s attention. After his class, I watched TV with him. Nickleodian. Rugrats. After he brushed his teeth, I read him Rugrats, Ducks and Mr. Opposite & Mr. Whathisname.