Saturday, January 21, 2006

Motorcycle healthy again, thanks Martin!

Rachel gave me a call at 8:42 AM which became an abrupt wake up call due to my consumption of 3.5 pints of Guiness the previous evening combined with sleep being delayed until almost 5 AM. The motivating factor of motorcycle retrieval shattered any possibility of returning to slumberville. I ended up walking to Farmer and the Cook in the surprisingly cold air where Rachel purchase her muffin which turned out to be a bit on the dry side.

The ride down is a blur now - my brain is not used to that much Guiness. When we arrived at the shop, I could see my beautiful CBR 900, parked in front of the shop. Martin popped out of the doorway with a smile and showed me the big white Cadillac that he was about to sell some dude thru Ebay.

Waved goodbye to Rachel as she drove off to L.A. and then walked into the shop where Martin proceeded to show me the culprit of my motorcycle blues. It was this tiny little thingamajig that shorted out because of some crossed wires. Damage: $145.00. Yep one hundred and forty-five buckaroonies...

The ride back was freeeeezing. Even though I had double jackets and all that. I guess I needed leather pants or something. When I got back to the house, I climbed back into bed, snuggled under the covers and watched some Austalian Open tennis action. It's funny but 30 minutes later, I am still cold. I feel it in my knees.

Fianlly, hop in the tub with a bunch of dead ants - or maybe they were swimming. The ants have been congregating on the bath tub lately. I wonder why. Is it their version of a scientific expedition or something? Trying to explain the mystery of porceline? Ants are OK in my book. They do a lot of cleaning up but seem to catch a bad rap anyway. As I raised my core temperature in the hot water, I pictured various Salvadore Dali paintings which depicted ants. Dali liked ants.

Back in the bed, dosing, cell phone rings, it is Tony. "Are you going to fire keep for the sweat?" He asks. I am kind of shocked, "What time does it start?" is my reply. "2:30." "I'll call you back in 15 minutes, I need to think about it."

In the end I declined. Not enough notice. I was ill prepared. My decision sits well with me. I recognized the flow, had faith that i was not integral and could have possibley stifled the heavy ceremony with feeling resentful.

Just found out that there's going to be a sweat lodge for little Will tomorrow at daybreak. I'm honored to be invited to this "Initiation ceremony".