Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Happy Birthday Mom!!!

Dear Mom,

Wow, you amaze me in so many ways. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for being my mother and sacrificing so much to raise me. What makes this so astounding is that you raised 5 children. After my recent adventures with the puppies I caught a glimpse of what you went through. The timing could not have been any better. So now I am in a deeper place of understanding for what a great mom you were to all of us at “569”.

You have taught me so much by the way you have led your life. You treat your body with much respect and have always been fit. What’s really extraordinary and inspiring is watching you grow in so many ways: emotionally, spiritually and mentally. So now, you have 6 amazing grandchildren and 1 more on the way – wow.

I want you to know how much I love you and how much gratitude I have for all that you have done for me. I always knew that you had tremendous love for me even when I could be so difficult with my endless questioning, stubbornness and eccentricities.

There are so many qualities I received from you. Too many to list; but the top ones are: (1) Fire, yes fire Mom; you have so much passion and joy, you taught me the importance of emotional expression. (2) Devotion, you were so dedicated and devoted to your children and husband that it awes me and brings tears to my eyes when I think about it. (3) Forgiveness, Pope John Paul II once said that the key to happiness was forgiveness. Your ability to forgive the disrespect, that I showed you at times, set a supreme example for me to follow. (4) Love, You taught me how to love unconditionally, Mom. I want you to know that I see how beautiful you are and have always been - inside and out. So…. [drum roll] Happy Birthday!!!!

Love, Michael