Tuesday, April 05, 2005

The catepillar does not know the butterfly

Earlier today I had an old school programmer install my new wifi card. He only charged me $20. The store I bought it from (BitVision) wanted me to pay them $85 to install it. What a rip off. The rep (Chris) told me it was a "pain in the ass" and gave false information about me having to buy a tool to take apart my G4. Thus I contacted a cool guy by the name of Richard. He'd never installed a card in a mac before but it only took him 30 minutes. Chris, the rep at BitVision said he'd done it before and it would take him an hour and me an hour and a half. Nice to know who you can trust.

We had an inhouse potluck dinner tonight. My contribution was 3 quarts of fresh vegetable juice (Kale, chard and carrots). Took a while to juice but was quite appreciated. Interestingly enough, P did not attend despite his call for more potlucks. He has managed to capture the role of scape goat. P is such a character in this town. He's beyond infamy. It's interesting to see how new folks react to him. During a casual after dinner discussion, three of the crew basically ripped into him although they did not have any real rope to hang him with.

I came close to posting him earlier when he swooped in on a girl I liked. His spiel of: "Hi brother! and "we are all light workers" is nonstop until a cute girl appears and then whooshh later dude. I think he's sincere but it can get old. So, he tries to shark a girl I've been building a foundation with. He actually did me a favor in the long run. She rejected his advances at least. It's kind of funny now but at the time it pushed a few of those ancient DNA buttons. Enough time has passed now to allow me a sense of perspective.

He can sit in meditation for hours and hours. He takes retreats where he fasts for 10 days and meditates the whole time. P talks a good game while radiating huge confidence with a big smile. A smile so big that it hurts my face to think about. My take is this: You can take P out of Texas but you can't take Texas out of P. He gets attached to lables and simple explanations more so than most I come in contact with. His old label for everything was: "That's just a thought-form." He used this metaphysics concept to dismiss anything you had to say. When he first moved on the estate here, everything that happened was because of "A pre-birth agreement." He used the latter phrase hundreds of times until recently. But we all do this. I know there are phrases I use over and over, it's just another way for me to fall asleep.

Scape goats serve a valuable purpose in human groups. It is a role I became falmiliar with in grade school, high school and college. Scape goats act as a dumping ground for negative energy. But I don't think that its a sustainable practice. I actually try and balance the discussions when P's being criticized with listing some contributions he has made. The transgressions that he is being accused of can be applied to several of us but he sinks because of not understaniding the community politics here. I think the hardest pitfall for a yogi to avoid is: letting success go to your head. The more successful one becomes in the arena of body sensory awareness the more the ego tends to blow up like a balloon or what Skip calls: a ghost balloon. He carries around a ghost balloon that is filled with the hot air of his ego. His face is on the balloon with a big jack o lantern smile. Every one knows the balloon aint real except him. I know that I have played this game as well and must be ever vigilant to prevent reoccurances. It's nearly impossible for non-yogis to appreciate how difficult it is to remain truly humble and not come off as arrogant when you begin to master movement, breath and flexibility. The catepillar does not know the butterfly.