Sunday, June 12, 2005

Time for a new battery

My last 90 minutes of sleep today gave me some bizzare dreams to chew on - a feaky conglomerate bone for this doggy. I managed to walk into the yoga studio at 9 AM sharp for some more didjing. This time it was just with Diane. She's a cerified Tibetan bowl sound healer. Tannis was teaching the 7 or so students and directing when we were to play. She had me begin solo. I used the slidedidge in the key of C. After 15 minutes or so, Tannis signaled for Dianne to start. We combined well and as the time went on we meshed together in a seamless way. Afterwards, Dianne said: "You changed the key to match each bowl I played. That's really amazing, how do you do
that?"

I smiled and said: "I use my body, tune in and it just happens."

Next on the agenda was to blow some leaves around and make sure the prop is ready for and Easter Seal fundraiser that Bill's allowing to take place here on the estate. 80 people were supposed to show but at this point their might be half that. They provided a valet service. Nice.

There's a wine fest going on at Lake Casitas and Bill's wine company is there. Dev gives Bill a call: "Can you bring me my business cards? They're in the office."

Bill: "I'll get Didj to do it."

I take off on my CBR 900, stoked to get away and have a supremely powerful and responsive super bike between my legs. When I get to the fest, I follow the signs to the vendor parking. The parking dude needs to see a bracelet which I don't have. Bill gave me a piece of paper which said: "Vendor Parking". This did not suffice. Our wine company was not on the list. He asked me to turn off my bike. I said I could not because of the battery. He said: "Turn around and get out of here."

"I'm not trying to give you a hard time. My battery is funky. If I turn it off, I may not be able to start it. I need to on and incline so I can pop it."

Parking dude gets back on the walkie talkie and finally he gets the OK - "Go ahead in - sorry about that."

I am greeted by another wine fest worker after parking my bike by the port-o-potties. He whisks me by a security chick who wanted to see my bracelet. "It's OK, he's with me."

I drop off the cards to Devin, have quick words with him and Daryl and then I am gone. Back on the bike, it won't even turn over. I wait 10 seconds before I see a big burly guy come out of the plastic john. "Hi, can you give my bike a push? The battery's toast."

He comes over right away and the engine pops to life on the sencond try. "Thanks!" I yell over the roar of the engine give him the thumbs up and I am zooming away from the large gathering of drunk people.