Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Broken teeth and musical homes

I received more information on the teeth throwing incident today. My source interviewed Skip in his scuptural domecile last night. Basically, Skip was having a very passionate discussion about an art piece that he holds very close to his heart. While vehemently expounding on the merits of his rooftop contribition, he became frustrated with his dentures. They were flapping around a bit and making it difficult for him to speak. Consequently, in a fit of frustration and fiery passion, he thru down the teeth/dentures. They broke into 6 pieces. Another anonymous source, reported to me last night that he came across Skip searching for these teeth. It turns out he was unable to find one small piece of the broken dentures. Last night during our potluck, the guys wanted to name the post: "Toothless in Ojai". Anyway, Skip was hoping he could glue the dentures back together. I wonder what kind of glue could pull that off? or pull it together in this context. I apologize for having to go secondhand on this breaking news story. I've been kind of busy yo. Tomorrow, I may give Skip a personal inerview - a Bardo Surfer exclusive.

The next bit of drama involved a phone call from someone who wanted to move here. It turns out they'd been discussing relocating here with Bill. Devin, Brownie and I were designated as inerviewers. Without our knowledge of course. So I was totally unprepared when I received a call from this prospect. It's someone I have known for several years. The other 2 guys had the good sense to let their phone answering service handle it. Thus, I was the one with the awkward task of discouraging the transplant. After confering with Dev and Brownie, I learned that we all felt the same way: not a good time for this. We have two back to back rentals which will go for 11 days starting this Friday. Anyway, I do feel compassion for his shelter dilema. He's got to move this Friday. Did not say if he had any potential crash sites or not. It aint easy living with out a home. I should know. Yeah, feeling uprooted all the time. Just floating waiting for a sign on some one's house: Rent Me. This happens all the time in Ojai. I call it musical homes. I must count my blessings that I've had 18 months straight with the same residence.

1 waves:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Didj - fascinating writings - weird and good. I'll be back. PS - check out pingomatic.com for submitting your site to a bunch of blog directories.

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home